Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Everywhen

Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name? I am, indeed in love with some things. But I suspect I can actually name them. One of them is The Doors, of course, because I fell for it even more after watching a movie about them (it's called The Doors also, duh). It was wonderful! I did that after coming back from Manchester at Iiro's place. We stayed up quite late, until 5am or so, because we just couldn't get sleep. And I was still tossing around in my bed for a few more hours. Going on a ship next morning was absolute pain.
But yes, Manchester. It was wild, I must say. Wild in a mellow and cool way. I saw Arctic Monkeys live, it was fabulous, and then also got a black eye from the gig and flirted with Pete Doherty. The black eye came from something flying at my eyebrow during the last song. It was very, very ugly. In England I also went to Liverpool for a day. The whole trip was a nice chillout, in general, with an exellent company, Sonia.
(And it's me you need to show how deep is your love, how deep is your love... they all should let us be, we belong to you and me..)
Then I finished my summer work in Estonia, finally. Got paid. Finished everything unfinished, pretty much, and came back here with a clean sheet to start from. I also handled some situations in Helsinki before returning to Jyväskylä. Everything didn't exactly go the way I planned, but I guess I found the peace of mind I was looking for in those questions 300km away.
My first night of being back in Jyväskylä was slightly depressing. I didn't feel like being here a tiny bit. The thought of having to go to school the next morning just sucked ass bigtime. Luckily I got over it, because the first day of school turned out to be really nice. The school part was a little pointless, sweaty, and full of "old" faces. It's funny how in high school people don't change radically over summer any more. After school I was hanging out with some people, went to eat in Soppis with Emmi and Aleksi, hanged out with Aleksi a bit more, went home, Aleksi came here, we had a few drinks and then headed off to Sohwi, to drink. I had a surprisingly good time with him. It was seriously, unexpectedly cool. And when I walked home from town, I realised I was walking with a constant smile on my face. That's something. And the feeling of contentment was just so divinely harmonised with one of the things I love the most about summer endings - the velvet deep dark starry skies. It's so mindblowingly beautiful. I sat by my lake, marvelled at the reflections of street lights and everything on the silky-looking water surface. Seizing the moment they call it. I loved it.
The first decent day of school was slightly pointless also. We only had 2 hours of ToK and that was about it.
One thing I noticed today, was that this one scheming feeling towards this one person, awoke again. I wonder, I wonder if anything will come out of it (no it's not a crush).
I would so want to fall in love, for real. Feel the queasy butterflies in my stomach and the feeling of extraterrestial floating 24/7. I'd love that:).
I hope I'm not going to die with all the school stuff I have for already next week. It's not going to be lightsome.

Read Milan Kundera's The Unbearble Lightness of Being.

2 comments:

Hando said...

"the things I love the most about summer endings - the velvet deep dark starry skies. It's so mindblowingly beautiful." --ohh jah! NII on!

Mis skeemid käivad beibi?

Ave said...

jaa. suve/varasügiseööd. vapustav:)!
musi, ma ei tea ise ka, mis skeemid käivad... kui ma teaks, siis sa teaks ka juba päris ammu;)