Saturday, October 06, 2007

The persistence of memory

I'm feeling a bit better after having fought a gay-ass flu for a few days now. I suppose the bacterion I caught was some sneaky French creature. After all, some already well-known Finnish shred wouldn't have mowed me down so bad, would it? Anyhow, I bet no-one is really interested in familiarising in depth with my medical record. Therefore, I'll rather give you some more pseudo-philosophical-past-midnight obsessive ideas to ponder about. A thing called 'trust'. How do we know, whether it's safe to trust a person or not? What is trust anyways? As trust is such an abstract idea, it's hard to really put it in words or give a relevant explanation about all the heartland, for me at least. Or maybe it's that I'm not that familiar with the term myself? Of course, I trust my family and all my beloved friends, but I suppose it's slightly different from the trust you have towards some other type of people. And all those blind trust things and so on? Whoa, there's alot to contemplate about.
I guess I reached a whole new level of trusting people about a week ago. Maybe I'm naive and blue-eyed and brainwashed and all of that put together, but at the moment, I must admit, I don't care if I'm being foolishly trusting, it feels goddamn good inside. I wonder if trusting people is something one can decide relying on their gut-feeling? What if the feeling is really.. right? Do you know what I mean?
Trust and confidence go hand-in-hand. Yes, trust gives confidence and vice versa. Even if it's partially [consciously] deluding yourself, it isn't really wrong to do that in order to obtain the confidence that gives you peace of mind if that's what you're aspiring for, in the end, is it?
Endless flow of rhetorical questions to be followed.. And in the end all we can possibly pray for, is our gut-feeling to be correct for a change. You never know, you know.. Especially when the trusty is far-far away and all you have yourself, is a few assuring words that should keep you company while getting all self-conscious about all the alternatives. But most probably you're seriously overplaying everything. Just chill is what Jesus would do.
I'm sanity-deprived, in a good way:). I'm loving it.

High Contrast - Passion(8)

No comments: